- Editing of applicant's personal information will NOT be allowed after your application is physically received at the CKGS Visa Application Center.
- The application will be REJECTED on technical grounds if there is a variance of information from your passport.
- The rejected application will be returned and you will have to redo the entire process.
- All data mentioned in the applicant's US / Foreign Passport must be the same in the Government Online Application Form and the applicant will be solely responsible for the same. The applicant must ensure that the data is validated correctly before sending their application to CKGS Center. CKGS will not undertake any 'Edits' in the applications.
- Information on the Government Online Passport Application form, your existing US / Foreign Passport and all supplementary forms must be identical.
- In the Additional Particulars Form you must ensure that your details are exactly identical to the details in your recent US / Foreign Passport & the Government Online Application form, unless there is a change required.
- To change your personal details, you must select the appropriate options under Miscellaneous Services.
- In this case the CKGS Service fee, convenience fee and any shipping fee purchased through CKGS will be non-refundable (which will be used to ship back the application to the applicant).
Types of Visa
An 'Emergency Service' on a VISA is available only for US passport holders of Indian Origin.
Non US Passport holders are not permitted to apply.
Emergency Service on a VISA can be availed in case of the following Emergencies:
- Medical emergency
- Unfortunate incident of loss of life
- To attend to legal matters concerning self
A 'BUSINESS VISA' is available for travelling to India for the purpose of business meetings with companies in India, meetings, sales or exhibiting on behalf of a company outside of India.Know More
- Tourist Visa
A 'TOURIST VISA' is issued to foreign nationals for traveling to India for tourist purposes such as recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc.Know More
- Entry Visa
An Entry Visa to India is available in the following cases:
- If you are a PERSON OF INDIAN ORIGIN
- If you are a spouse or a child of a person of Indian origin
- If your purpose of visit to India does NOT match any other type of visa.
An 'EMPLOYMENT VISA' is available for travelling to India for the purpose of working in India, for an organization registered in India. An Employment Visa is granted to an employee or paid intern of an Indian company and to persons traveling to India for volunteer work with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
Spouse and Dependent family members accompanying the applicant MUST apply for an 'Employment Visa' (NOT Tourist Visa or Entry visa), co-terminus with the period of the principal visa holder.Know More
- Student Visa
A 'STUDENT VISA' is available for bona fide students who wish to pursue regular studies in recognized educational institutions in India.
Spouse and Dependent family members accompanying the applicant MUST apply for an 'Student Visa' (NOT Tourist Visa or Entry visa).
Its termination date will coincide with the period of the principal visa holder.Know More
- Conference Visa
A 'CONFERENCE VISA' is issued for attending International Conferences, Seminars or Workshops on certain subjects in India.
- If your Spouse is registered to attend the conference along with you, then she/he must also apply for a Conference Visa.
- If your Spouse is NOT attending the conference, she/he must apply for a Tourist Visa.
- If your Minor children are accompanying you on your visit to India, they must apply for a Tourist Visa.
- Visitor Visa
A 'VISITOR VISA' is issued to Pakistan Passport Holders who have not renounced their Pakistan Citizenship and wish to travel to India.Know More
- Film VISA
A 'Film VISA' is granted to individuals coming for shooting purposes. This includes undertaking feature film shooting, television or reality show, serials and Cinema shootingKnow More
- Journalist Visa
A 'JOURNALIST VISA' will be granted to:
- Media Person
- News Broadcaster
- TV Producer
- Columnist, cartoonist/editor
- Film producer or director (other than commercial films)
- A representative of a radio or television organization
- Travel writer
- Travel promotion photographer
Any professional journalist/owner working for an association or a company engaged in the production or broadcast of audio visual news or current affairs programmes through the print, electronic or any other electronic form or any other mode of mass communication.Know More
- Medical Visa - For patients
A 'MEDICAL VISA' is issued for medical treatment in reputed / recognized hospitals / treatment centers in India.
Up to 2 attendants who are blood relatives of the patient are allowed to accompany the patient for treatment in India on a Medical Attendant Visa, which has the same validity as the Medical Visa of the patient.Know More
- Missionary Visa
A 'MISSIONARY VISA' is issued to persons coming to India for religious purposes or to join a foreign Missionary organization in India approved by Government of India, not involving proselytization.Know More
- Transit Visa
A 'TRANSIT VISA' is issued to enable a person to travel through India to reach his / her ultimate destination.
You need to apply for a 'Transit Visa' if you are going to change from the International Terminal to the Domestic Terminal of any Indian Airport or if you are going to stay in an airport hotel even for a few hours.Know More
- Mountaineering Visa
Mountaineering VISA is given to foreigners who intend to visit Indian Himalayan mountain ranges and peaks which fall under restricted areas.Know More
On the step 2 while filling up the online form on the Government website please ensure you select Nationality as ‘Tibet’ if you are of Tibetan national or else choose your Nationality as ‘Stateless’.
Fill the Online Visa Form of the Indian Government.
Fill the Additional Particulars Form
Submission and Collection Mode
Atlanta Applicants for Emergency Submission
Applicants are hereby informed that they are required to take prior approval in person from the Consulate (Timing on working days 10.00-12.30 PM) before submitting the application to CKGS Application Centre, details of which could be found on http://www.indianconsulateatlanta.org/category/consular-service/.
Emergency visa services are provided to persons of Indian descent holding a US passport to facilitate visits to India arising due to reasons mentioned below:
|Step 1:||Visit http://www.in.ckgs.us and fill in the details in the widget which will guide you on filling your Visa Application along with the fees, documentation, checklists and forms.|
|Step 2:||Then you will be guided to the Government of India Online Visa Application site to fill in the Government form.|
|Step 3:||You are required to return to CKGS website and complete the application process.|
|Step 4:||You are required to take prior approval in person from the Consulate (timing on working days 10.00-12.30 PM).|
|Step 5:||Post approval at the Consulate you are required to submit the application at CKGS Application Center. Emergency Fee in addition to the Consular Fees and CKGS Service charge of USD 100 will have to be paid at CKGS which would later be handed over to the Consulate.|