IMPORTANT NOTICE: Indian Embassy/Consulates, CKGS Visa Application Centers and Contact Center will remain closed on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 on account of Christmas Day.
- Security Regulations
- Data Protection Policy
Important Notification for Travellers to India - Ban on Import or Use of satellite phones in India
All Persons travelling to India are informed that the use of 'Thuraya', 'Iridium' and other satellite phones are banned in India. Therefore, the travelers are advised that they do not carry or use 'Thuraya' / 'Iridium' or any other Satellite Phones to India.
Foreigners carrying such satellite phones to India will be detained and are liable for penalties with confiscation of such satellite phones under Section 6 of Indian Wireless Act and Section 20 of Indian Telegraph Act.
- Any kind of explosive goods or material, weapon or weapon like objects
- Any inflammable item such as lighters / fuel / matchboxes etc.
- Any types of sharp objects such as scissors nail filers or pen knives
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- All bags such as briefcases, leather, jute or cloth bag, travel bags, bag packs, suitcases or zip folders will not be allowed to carry inside the center.
- All electronic gadgets or battery operated items such as cameras, audio / video cassettes, compact discs, portable music players, laptops, floppies, MP3, iPads will not be allowed to carry inside the center.
- The list provided above is not restricted to the items mentioned. Other items may also be prohibited as per the discretion of the security guard on duty, if the same is seen as life threatening objectives / material which could cause harm or disrupt the security rules and regulations.
Due to security reasons only the Applicant will be allowed to enter the Center. No other person(s) accompanying the applicant during the application submission or retrieval procedure will be permit to enter the CKGS Application Center. However, as an exception only interpreters and one additional support system will be allowed to accompany applicants who are challenged and differently able.
Please note there is no additional facility provided at the CKGS Application Center for the storage of goods / material. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the center.
Upon Visa applications or queries, personal data that you submit to us will be processed in accordance with the Personal data act prevalent in United States. Here you can read about how we deal with personal data.
Otherwise, passing your personal data on to third parties, selling it to third parties or transmitting it to third parties in another way is excluded, unless CKGS is obliged by law or by a court decision to pass the data on, or if passing the data on is necessary for the pursuit of claims and criminal-law prosecution in the event of attacks on CKGS IT infrastructure.
Please be aware that CKGS can leave no guarantees and that CKGS takes no legal responsibility for the Indian Embassy’s processesing of your personal data.