Fill in the details below to know more.
OCI Application - Get Started
RulesWhile applying for an OCI, it is mandatory to provide proof of your Cancelled Indian passport. If you can not provide any evidence, then you are required to obtain a Renunciation Certificate which has fees and penalties based on categories selected.
ExceptionOCI is Not Granted to any citizen who is / was and / or if their parents, grandparents or great grandparents are / were citizens of Pakistan, Bangladesh.
OCI applicants are requested to note that OCI cards are received in bulk batches at Embassy/Consulate. If Govt. of India website shows that OCI card has been received at Mission, it does not mean that it is ready to be dispatched immediately. Your OCI card will be processed batch-wise on first in first out basis. A notification message will be sent to you as soon as your OCI card is sent to CKGS. Please do not call our contact center regarding this inquiry, as our staff will not have any additional information about the timelines.The Benefits of being an OCI Card holder
- Multi-purpose, multiple entries, lifelong visa for visiting India.
- Exemption from registration with local police authority for any length of stay in India.
- Parity with NRIs in respect of economic, financial and education fields except in matters relating to the acquisition of agricultural / plantation properties.
- Parity with Non-Resident Indians in the matter of inter-country adoption of Indian children.
- Parity with resident Indian nationals in matters of tariffs in domestic air fares.
- Parity with domestic Indian visitors in respect of entry fees for visiting national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, visiting national monuments, historical sites and museums in India.
- Practicing the following professions - doctors, dentists, nurses and pharmacists, advocates, architects and chartered accountants.
- You are not allowed dual citizenship.
- You have to renounce your Indian Passport.
- You have no voting rights.
- You cannot be a candidate for Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha / Legislative Assembly / Council or a member of the House of the People or of the Council of States.
- You cannot hold constitutional posts such as President, Vice President, Judge of Supreme Court / High Court, etc..
- You cannot normally hold employment in the Government of India.
Since the applicant is minor, it is mandatory for the both parents of minor applicant to sign page 3 of the OCI application form filled on Government website.
If you are a Foreign Spouse of a Person of Indian Origin you must provide
- Copy of Marriage Certificate:
- Marriage should be registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than 2 years preceding the OCI application.
- Interview at Embassy / Consulate:
- As directed by the Ministry of External Affairs, for acceptance/acknowledgment of OCI applications interview of applicant and spouse by the respective Embassy/ Consulate has been made mandatory. Only on the completion of the interview shall the application be processed further.CKGS will notify you of details of the interview after the application is received.
- Self attested Joint Statement signed by the couple stating:
- That in case of dissolution of marriage or deceased spouse, you must notify and return your OCI Card to the Embassy / Consulate.
Applicants are requested to apply for Renunciation before applying for New OCI.
If you have a proof of Renunciation, please include it along with your OCI application.
For more information, please follow documents checklist at the end of the process.