FAQs - VISA
- New Visa / PIO Announcements from Prime Minister, Narendra Modi
New Tourist Visa norms for US nationals:
With effect from 15th April 2015, the single category of Tourist Visa available to be applied by a US national will be a 10 year, multiple entries Tourist Visa, with a fee of US$ 160 (exclusive of ICWF & CKGS service charges). The actual duration of the visa will be at the discretion of the Embassy / Consulate.
OCI in Lieu of PIO
All PIO cards are valid until March 31, 2020. AFTER March 31, 2020, PIO card will be considered as an invalid travel document. Therefore, all applicants, who have not yet converted their PIO cards to OCI card, are requested to apply for OCI in lieu of PIO before March 31, 2020.
Foreign nationals can travel with valid travel document i.e. Passport and PIO Card if the date of their journey commenced ON or BEFORE March 31, 2020.
If you wish to apply for OCI card in Lieu of PIO card, you may visit the following links:
- Apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card - All PIO card holders are strongly encouraged to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
- Name Change / Nationality Change on PIO card - Name Change / Nationality Changes are not permitted on PIO card. PIO card holder will have to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
- Apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card (Loss PIO card) - PIO card holder will have to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
- All the above applications must be submitted at the CKGS Application Center concerned within the Consular jurisdiction of his/her place of residence.
Please visit the OCI section on our website https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci for more info.