FAQs - VISA
- Who is eligible for Employment Visa?
Subject to the conditions enumerated in the previous answer, the following will be eligible for Employment Visa:
1. Foreign nationals coming to India for execution of a project / contract (irrespective of the duration of the visit).
2. Foreign nationals who are coming to India on short visits to customer location to repair any plant or machinery as part of warranty or annual maintenance contracts.
3. Foreign engineers / technicians coming to India for installation and commissioning of equipments / machines / tools in terms of the contract for supply of such equipment / machine / tools.
4. Foreign experts coming to India for imparting training for the personnel of the Indian company.
5. Foreign personnel deputed for providing technical support / services, transfer of knowhow, services supplies for which the Indian company pays fees / royalty to the foreign company.
6. Foreign nationals coming to India as consultant on contract for whom the Indian company pays a fixed remuneration, (may not be in the form of monthly salary).
7. Foreign artists engaged to conduct regular performances for the duration of the employment contract given by Hotels, Clubs, and other organizations.
8. Foreign nationals who are coming to India to take up employment as coaches.
9. Foreign sportsmen who are given contract for a specified period by the Indian Clubs / organizations.
10. Self-employed foreign nationals coming to India for providing engineering, medical, accounting, legal or such other highly skilled services in their capacity as independent consultants.