FAQs - VISA
- What is an Employment Visa?
Employment Visa is granted to foreigners desiring to come to India for purpose of employment, subject to following conditions:-
1. The applicant is a skilled and qualified professional or person who is being engaged or appointed by a company, organization, industry, or undertaking, etc. in India on contract or employment basis at a senior level, skilled position such as technical expert, senior executive, or in a managerial position, etc.
2. Employment Visa is not granted for jobs for which large numbers of qualified Indians are available.
3. Employment Visa is not granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial / clerical jobs.
4. The Employment Visa must be issued from the country of origin, or from the country of domicile of the foreigner provided the period of permanent residence of that applicant in that particular country is for more than 2 years.
5. The Indian company/organization engaging foreign nationals for executing projects / contracts would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during their stay in India and also for the departure of such foreign national upon expiry of Visa.
6. A foreign national will have to comply with all other requirements like payment of tax liabilities, etc.