• I have applied under wrong jurisdiction so. What do I do?
  • I wish to travel and my application is at Embassy. What do I do?
  • I made a mistake while filling the government online form, what do I do?
    Once the government online form reaches the ‘Final Submit’ stage on the government website and you have completed the final submission, then the application cannot be edited. You will have to re-fill the government online form in this case.
    Only if the application has not reached the final submission stage, then the government online form can still be edited by following the steps.

    To retrieve and modify the partial application on Government website follow the steps.

    Step 1: Getting the Temporary ID from the Government website:
    While filling the Online OCI application form on the Government website, https://passport.gov.in/oci/ , you will get a Temporary Application ID. You must note down this ID to continue filling your application in case you get disconnected or if you wish to continue filling your form later.

    Step 2: Completing a partially filled form on the Government website
    On the Government website https://passport.gov.in/oci/, click on Complete Partially Filled Registration Form to continue with your partially filled application:

    Step 3: Completing the Partial Form
    On the next page, to continue with the application, you will be required to fill in the Temporary Application ID noted from Step A:

    Step 4: New Web Reference Number
    At the end of the application, you will get a NEW WEB REFERENCE NUMBER from the Government Online NRI OCI application form which will now be the number to be used on the CKGS website to continue the process B.

  • I made a mistake while filling the CKGS form, what do I do?