FAQs - VISA
- What are the OCI Signature specifications for Minors?
The following are the general signature guidelines to be followed for Minor applicants:
- For child of 5 years and above, signature/name of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo on the first page of the OCI Application Form.
- Uploaded Signature/Thumb impression must be legible on plain white background.
- For child less than 5 years of age thumb impression of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo using only a BLACK or BLUE inkpad. (Use Left Thumb impression for Boys & Right Thumb impression for girls).
- Parents cannot sign on behalf of the child under any circumstances on the PART A of the OCI Application Form.
- Applications should contain BOTH PARENTS signature on the PART B ONLY AND DULY NOTARIZED.
- Minors must sign/place thumb impression under PART B of the OCI Application form.
- Wherever parent’s sign, the signature must match with the passport signature. Applications will be put on hold and a new application will be asked for if parent’s signature does not match with the passport signature.
- Wherever documents need to be self-attested, both parents must sign.
- It should be in JPEG/JPG format only
- Max size should 200kb
- The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height)
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height)