FAQs - VISA
- What are the OCI Photo specifications for Minors?
General Photo guidelines for OCI are as follows:
- Photograph for OCI cannot be the same photograph that is already in your passport
- Recent Passport photo taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Photograph to be affixed on the application should be square shaped OR 2 inches by 2 inches size (80% coverage of face)
- Photographs NOT to be stapled and must NOT be adhesive taped.
- Must be in color, against white background and must show full face, front view.
- Must be taken in normal street attire, preferably taken in colored attire, for example, a medium blue shirt etc.
- The attire should not be patterned / textured or pure white.
- Photograph has to be an original and printed on GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER ONLY.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
- Glare on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
For more photo specifications, please go to https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf/photo-specifications.pdf.
- It should be in JPEG/JPG format only
- Max size should 200kb
- Height and width must be equal
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height) OR
- Square shape of size not less than 51mm x 51mm or 2inches x 2 inches (with 80% coverage of face)
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height)