FAQs - VISA
- How do I fill the Government form?
It is very important that you apply for your OCI card on the CKGS website at https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/ ONLY and follow the process as defined.
- Do not go directly to the Government of India website to fill the online government application. You must go via the links on the CKGS website provided below. You will be guided to the Government of India website to fill your online form/s at the appropriate step via the CKGS website.
- For USA applicants, the CKGS website has been customized so that the documents checklist, forms and letters requirements are as per the instructions of the Embassy/Consulates of India in USA. Simply fill in the widget and you will be guided through the entire application process.
- The rules on the CKGS website will identify your OCI category, type, duration, fees and help avoid errors. Further to assist you, many forms and letters that have repetitive information will get auto populated and you only have to fill in the missing fields.
Step 1 OCI – How to Apply? https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/how-to-apply Step 2 OCI Application – Get Started https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/
To fill the Government application form follow the steps -
Step 1. Government of India Online OCI website
On the Government of India OCI website, you will be required to:
- Keep scanned copies of your documents ready as given in the Document Checklist.
- Fill out the Government OCI Form
- Upload your Photo and Signature
- Upload a scanned copy of your Documents on the Government website as indicated.
- Print and Sign on the Government OCI Form.
- Affix your photo on the Government OCI Form.
Step 2. Select the OCI service to start Form filling
Select the Applicable category of OCI service to start OCI form filling.
Step 3. OCI Form filling (Page 1) on Government of India website
Complete the OCI Form filling (Page 1). Please view the sample on how to fill the government form at https://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf/sample-oci-application-form.pdf?z=1.
Step 4. OCI Form filling (Page 2) on Government of India website
Complete the OCI Form filling (Page 1)
Step 5. Verify the information on the completed OCI Form
Verify the information on the screen and click modify to make any changes. If all information is correct than click submit to continue.
Step 6. Upload Image
Upload the photo and signature to complete the form filling process.
Step 7. Upload Image and Signature
Upload Applicant’s image and signature.
Step 8. Proceed to Part B
Continue to Part B of Form filling on the Government of India website.
Step 9. OCI Form Filling Part B
Complete Part B of the Form.
Step 10. Upload Documents
Upload mandatory documents on the Government site.
Step 11. Select Document Type
Step 12. Complete the Form Filling
Do the Final Submission of the form on the Government of India website.
Step 13. Registration of the Form
Generate Registration Form
Step 14. Return back to CKGS site after completing Government form filling
Once you complete and print the Government OCI forms, return to CKGS website on www.in.ckgs.us Click on the box which states ‘Already filled in government form’ to complete the OCI Application process.
Step 15. Continue form submission on CKGS website
Once applicant has completed the online process, he/she will now have to submit your physical application along with the required supporting documents via shipping or walk-in option selected by you to the CKGS Application Center as per the Jurisdiction of your application.
Step 16. Submission of documents at CKGS application Centre
This is the final step. Take prints of the documents and forms to be submitted at the CKGS Application Centre.
- How do I upload the pending documents on the Government of India website? OR How do I upload the pending documents on the Government of India website as the site was not working whilst I was uploading documents? OR How do I upload the pending documents on the Government of India website as I had to temporarily disconnect whilst I was uploading?
- How do I upload the Photo and Signature on the Government of India website? OR How do I upload the Photo and Signature on the Government of India website as the site was not working whilst I was uploading Photo and Signature? OR How do I upload the Photo and Signature on the Government of India website as I had to temporarily disconnect whilst I was uploading?